Friday

 
 My scale poster. I chose clocks from the randomizer. I didn't want anything over complicated. I know the brief wanted rotation as well as scale, but I see clocks like pennies, really flat and sort of as 2D as you can get for a 3D object. Not sure why. So yes, they are all the same, very uniform and ordinary. But I quite like that about it. Clocks themselves have little other function other than time telling so I suppose the image echoes that simplicity clocks have. You might also notice the clocks have no hands. It's because I didn't want them to be time specific. I'm funny about numbers, It took me about 2 hours to think what time they could all be set at then changed my mind then started worrying about it so I ended up deciding they would be better off handless. I also think they look better without. 
I tried working with different colours, but this pale blue/green worked best. I had it printed on a nice white matt and it looked lovely. Much nicer than on screen. 

Another thing I noticed whilst making it is that I never even considered creating something hand-made. Which is odd for me, but it sort of just goes without saying that clocks are always so perfect and reliable and conformist, I couldn't help thinking if I had attempted to make anything by hand it wouldn't have reflected the subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment